- Session Cookies. Session cookies only last for the length of the visit and delete themselves when the user closes his/her browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device and support the security of the website or its basic functionality. There is no personal information stored that can identify the user.
- ersistent or Permanent Cookies. These are stored on the device’s hard drive and the website reads them each time the user makes a new visit to the website. They have a specific expiry date or last a fixed length of time, after which, once expired, the cookie stops working. They permit the identification of a user’s actions and preferences and an analysis of the visits, and help understanding of how a user reaches the website and help to improve the web services offered.
- Functionality Cookies. These allow actions or decisions taken by the user to be recorded, such as their login or password. The information stored in these cookies is anonymous (meaning that it does not contain name, address or other personal details).
- Our Own Cookies. Those which are sent and managed exclusively by our website so it performs better.
- Third-Party Cookies. Third-party cookies are those installed by a website different to one the user is visiting: for example, those used by social media sites (such as Facebook) or by external content add-ons (such as Google Maps).
- Analytical Cookies: These are cookies whose purpose is periodic maintenance and to guarantee the best user experience and service, collecting data on his/her activity.
- ASome COMPANY services could connect with different social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, etc. When using a social networking site, that site is authorized to store a cookie. This cookie remembers the user identification details, meaning access is quicker on the next visit. This cookie can be deleted and service access permissions can be denied via the privacy configuration of the social networking site in question.
|Name||Own / Third-party||Duration||Purpose|
|PHPSESSID||Own||Session||Cookie typically created by applications based on PHP language Its aim is to identify the user and maintain the session variables.|
|__utma||Third-Party||2 years||Cookies from Google Analytics that collect information from the ‘Share’ button built into parts of the web. This information is used by Addtoany.|
|uvc||Third-Party||24 hours||Cookie that collects information on the visitor’s user preferences.|
|comment_author||Own||1 year||Generated when a user posts a comment, so he/she doesn’t have to re-enter his/her details to post another comment.|
|comment_author_email||Own||1 year||SGenerated when a user posts a comment, so he/she doesn’t have to re-enter his/her details to post another comment.|
|comment_author_url||Own||1 year||Generated when a user posts a comment, so he/she doesn’t have to re-enter his/her details to post another comment.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Third-Party||1 day||Used on sites built in WordPress. It checks if the browser has activated the cookies.|
|_ga||Third-Party||2 years||In gathering statistics, used to distinguish between users.|
|viewed_cookie_policy||Own||Session||Remembers if the user has accepted the cookies alert and avoids the alert bar showing again.|